Matt's Pick for the week of September 25th

Bah! Yeah, ok fine. I suck at updates but you know what? Fuck you. So I can't always find music good enough to share here, sue me. But you know what? This week... This week I've got some high quality shit to lay on you. Because this week I discovered the new Freeland album. This week I discovered some pure audio awesomeness!

"Cope" is Adam Freeland's first album in six years and let me tell you, it was well worth the wait. "Do Ya!" the first track on the disk has proven it's self pretty much undefinable - imagine DJ Shadow given a Mooged-out Krautrock retrofit by Can with Bonham sitting in on drums, and you kind of get the idea. Bringing fantastic back to the dance floor this is easily one of my favorite tracks of the year!

Freeland - Do Ya!

Honorable Mentions

King Khan and the Shrines - Land of the Freak

Portugal, The Man - Guns and Dogs
Port O'Brien - Stuck on a Boat


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones


0 comments: